Counselling, a Smart Investment in Yourself
From time to time we reward ourselves with a treat—a cup of coffee, a new electronic gadget or app, perhaps a new smart watch or clothing. Consider rewarding your inner life and budgeting some of this money for counselling. What could be a better, long-term investment than improving the quality of your life—your marriage, health, emotional well-being, and sense of meaning and peace in life? Counselling can help deal with problems before they take physical, mental, and financial tolls. Add therapy to your cart, make yourself a priority, you deserve it.
My fees are set to the guidelines of my professional associations, including the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors, and are competitive for counselling in Nanaimo and the mid Vancouver Island region. Therapy sessions last 50 minutes and are typically conducted weekly or biweekly.
- Individual Counselling & Psychotherapy: 140$ per session (plus GST)
- Marriage Counselling, Couple Counselling, Relationships: 150 $ per session (plus GST)
- Family Counselling & Group Counselling: 160$ per session (plus GST)
- Legal documents or legal/file requests; Counselling Related to legal issues, including where mandated by court and/or requested by legal counsel, and letter requests for legal disputes: Billed per 15 minutes at 250$ per hour (plus GST) [Please note that legal/file requests can take up to 4 weeks to process].
Inquire about fees for Intensive Couples Therapy.
- Cash, Debit & Interac Cards, Visa, MasterCard, accepted at time of appointment. I also accept Email money transfers (due at time of appointment).
*Distance counselling by Video and telephone available, inquire for more information.
*I offer evening and Saturday appointment times for working individuals and couples.
Using your Counselling Benefits & Insurance Coverage
- Some extended health benefits plans cover counselling services from a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC). I am also registered with the Association of Counselling Therapy of Alberta (ACTA). Please check with your plan before beginning therapy to assess coverage and to determine the most affordable counselling options; I can help with the specific questions to ask.
- My clients often use Blue Cross, Great West Life, Manulife, Sun Life, Desjardins, The Cooperators, and Green Shield Insurance plans to cover their counselling. I can help you check your individual plan for coverage.
Publicly Funded Programs
- Registered counsellor for the Crime Victim Assistance Program. (Call 1-866-660-3888 to enroll with CVAP).
- ICBC preferred counselling service provider for over 10 years.
- Preferred Service Provider for FNHA (First Nations Health Authority)
- Ask about other publicly funded services I provide, including therapy for Aboriginal people. I work with several bands and organizations on Vancouver Island to provide counselling services. Counselling options available for first nations (including Inuit) with Non Insured Health Benefits (NIHB).
“It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see.” —Henry David Thoreau